The Who - forum francophone

Forum de discussion sur le groupe The Who

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Album 2006-The glass household

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
boussa

MessageSujet: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 21 Avr - 16:44

C'était du 20 mars. C’est une source de la radio classic 21
"Un mini-opéra pour les Who.
Le guitariste Pete Townshend a annoncé que les Who sortiront un « maxi-single » au mois de juin. Il s’agira d’un mini-opéra rock d’une durée de 11 minutes intitulé « The Glass Household ». Ce nouveau projet musical est inspiré de « The Boy Who Heard Music », un récent roman signé par le musicien. D’après les dernières informations, 10 titres seraient déjà prêts. Deux d’entre eux devraient être assez longs et plutôt complexes tandis que les autres seront plus courts, plus simples et plus dynamiques"
Et le 23 mars
Roger Daltrey a déclaré qu’aucune date de sortie n’était avancée pour la sortie de « The Glass Household », le nouvel album des Who. « Il sortira quand il sera prêt ». Le chanteur a également déclaré que, tout comme Pete Townshend, il souffrait de problèmes auditifs très importants.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
MisterJingle

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 21 Avr - 23:24

Intriguant. 10 titres pour 11minutes? scratch
Mais un nouvel opéra rock des who, tu parles si ça m'interresse!!!!

Pour les problèmes auditifs, les trois quarts des rockers en ont, surtout les anciens. Et c'est vraiment galère pour eux. "à l'époque" ils ne se protegaient pas ou mal. Aujourd'hui ils jouent avec des bouchons auditifs, pour les plus sérieux.

Merci pour l'info de l'opéra. cheers
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 22 Avr - 4:17

J'avais vu ça il y a un petit moment j'ai pas pensé à le mettre sur le forum désolé Embarassed

THE WHO FINISH INITIAL WORK ON 'MINI-OPERA'
Pete Townshend was right all along -- there will definitely be new music from the Who this year. Townshend posted this message on his official petetownshend.co.uk website: "Roger (Daltrey) and I have completed the condensed 11-minute 'Mini Opera,'played it to the folks at Polydor, and are all set to release (it) -- probably as a limited edition -- in June, prior to the release of a conventional CD in September." The "mini-opera" is called The Glass Household, and it's based on Townshend's online novella The Boy Who Heard Music.

Townshend had said he wouldn't tour again without new material, so once he agreed to the Who's road schedule, he had to come up with something.

The Who tour begins June 18th in Brighton, England. U.S. dates will likely come in the fall and winter.
Shaman

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 22 Avr - 10:57

MisterJingle a écrit:
Intriguant. 10 titres pour 11minutes? scratch
Mais un nouvel opéra rock des who, tu parles si ça m'interresse!!!!

Pour les problèmes auditifs, les trois quarts des rockers en ont, surtout les anciens. Et c'est vraiment galère pour eux. "à l'époque" ils ne se protegaient pas ou mal. Aujourd'hui ils jouent avec des bouchons auditifs, pour les plus sérieux.

Merci pour l'info de l'opéra. cheers

selon le légende, les problèmes auditifs de Pete aurait commencer qand Keith aurait fait exploser les feux d'artifices à la fin de My Generation...

Sinon oui ce serait de la balle si ils sortent çà !! cheers
lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 22 Avr - 11:55

Je serai vraiment curieux de voir ce que ça peut donner...
De quand datent les derniers morceaux estampillés Who ?
boussa

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 22 Avr - 12:01

De 2004, les deux bonus de Then and now : Real good locking boy et Old red wine
lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 22 Avr - 13:25

boussa a écrit:
De 2004, les deux bonus de Then and now : Real good locking boy et Old red wine
d'accord merci...
je pensais que c'était un peu plus vieux.
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Jeu 4 Mai - 10:29

Voici des nouvelles de Wire & Glass, Vu sur le site de Pete Townshend:

3 May 2006
Wire & Glass

Back to Diary Dates
WIRE & GLASS is the new title for the short version of the new Who MiniOpera. The mastering was completed this afternoon by Jon Astley and my chief engineer Myles Clarke, and delivery to Polydor will take place shortly. We are probably going to use a Ross Halfin photo for the CD jacket - keep it simple. My daughter Minta, who works in the film industry, is leading the hunt for a video director.

This new release is the first truly creative piece from the Who for nearly 25 years and I don't want to muddle anything. This is good music. There is a story behind the music, but it doesn't matter much at this point.

I am working hard to make sure we deliver what I most want to see for the Who on tour, which is regular Live webcast elements of our performances, and occasional complete Live shows. Rachel Fuller's IN THE ATTIC is going to provide a presentation-vehicle for all of this, warming up the web for the Who, and providing her own unique brand of music, humour and chat every night. We just heard there is a good chance of Rachel's show being seen later this year on TV - so you may get a chance to see the Who clips she includes in her shows, if everything goes well for her.

The Who begin rehearsing in two weeks, during which time I have to finish the rest of the Who album with Roger - so again, I'm trying to keep the music simple and direct. Our new stage set will allow us to do some new things, and to help tell some stories as yet untold.

We are still on track for release of the Mini-Opera in mid-June, the complete album in mid-September.

It's a very exciting moment. Rachel and I are just about to put up another episode of IN THE ATTIC on TowserTV - she is the Star and I am the Grouch. Her old buddy Mikey is, bizarrely, the crazy one who nonetheless keeps us all on the ground. She has a special guest tonight from the band Squeeze. In fact there are three of them playing. Check in at 1900 UT.

Dernière édition par le Jeu 4 Mai - 10:42, édité 1 fois
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Jeu 4 Mai - 10:42

Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Sam 20 Mai - 2:28

NEW WHO ALBUM ALMOST FINISHED
A new album from the Who is just about ready. That's the word from guitarist Pete Townshend, who's been working hard with singer Roger Daltrey to get the new project finished before their world tour starts next month. A message on the official petetownshend.com website reads, "Yeah, we have some progress. I've been working almost constantly in my home studio writing music, or at Oceanic Studios... (to) complete tracks for the Who album planned for release in September.... We start rehearsals in a week from now, by which time Roger must complete six vocals on tracks I've prepared. He called me yesterday very positive about three new songs I just sent him... I am certain of one thing: the Who have a new record in the can -- almost finished, and it will be a good one."

Townshend also said that finishing the record has been hard, but not for creative reasons. He wrote, "(Daltrey) has been working very hard on a number of charity projects he committed to before we arranged the tour -- it has meant we have had to grab at time to record wherever we can."

The Who tour starts June 18th in Brighton, England. There will be a "mini-opera" called Wire & Glass released in conjunction with the dates, but not here in North America. Townshend wrote, "We do not yet have a U.S. deal settled, and that is not for lack of love or drive on either side. It just hasn't happened yet. I am keen that the 'mini-opera'(Wire & Glass) is released in the U.S and Canada at the same time as the rest of the world, but as things stand, it doesn't look likely."

As for the tour itself, Townshend said, "Creatively speaking, we have more ideas than in recent years... we have the resources to be a little more ambitious than in the recent past."

The Who will be on tour in Europe through July 29th. North American concert dates will likely happen later this year, but the itinerary hasn't been announced yet.
lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 23 Juin - 3:55

Une des sections de "Wire And Glass" fait allusion à de nombreux musiciens/groupes de musique, notamment à ledzep ("Golden stairway to a zeppelin heaven" dans le passage "Mirror Door").
Une vidéo de ce morceau joué en rehearsal est disponible.
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 23 Juin - 4:40

lp_zep a écrit:
Une des sections de "Wire And Glass" fait allusion à de nombreux musiciens/groupes de musique, notamment à ledzep ("Golden stairway to a zeppelin heaven" dans le passage "Mirror Door").
Une vidéo de ce morceau joué en rehearsal est disponible.

Ou est ce disponible ? sur "In the Attic" ou "Wholive TV" ?
lp_zep

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 23 Juin - 5:06

Ronan a écrit:

je sais pas trop d'où ça vient au départ, j'au trouvé des liens yousendit sur le newsgroup sur les Who.
yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E09305FB755C8070
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Ven 23 Juin - 5:09

lp_zep a écrit:
Ronan a écrit:

je sais pas trop d'où ça vient au départ, j'au trouvé des liens yousendit sur le newsgroup sur les Who.
yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E09305FB755C8070

Merci!!!! je vais regarder ça ce soir car du boulot je ne peux pas aller sur Yousendit. Je pense que cela doit etre ce qui a été diffusé dans "In the Attic" avec Rachel fuller.
Marc

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Lun 10 Juil - 9:57

La FNAC annonce Wire and Glass pour le 24 juillet !!!
Marc

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Mer 23 Aoû - 13:39

Sur le site de Pete, en date du 23 août :

All quiet on the South Eastern front here at Eel Pie at the moment … Pete has mastered the new Who album and I'll bring you a release date and more details on that just as soon as is humanly possible. Found a few photos I took at Leeds (and one from the rehearsals prior to the tour starting) which I hadn't posted before so I hoped they might be of interest in the meantime.

Hamish

Il y a aussi des photos mais comme je n'y comprends rien avec les droits d'auteur et tout le bastringue, je ne me risque pas à les copier ici... Wink
Ronan

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   Jeu 24 Aoû - 3:07

Merci pour l'info je n'avais pas encore fait ma visite journalière sur son site. J'y vais de suite!!!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Album 2006-The glass household   

Album 2006-The glass household
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1